1. Fast, skilled help for CA businesses with Americans With Disabilities Act – by experienced San Diego attorneys
Complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and California disability laws is now a business necessity. The ADA is complicated and detailed, and many plaintiffs’ lawyers focus on suing businesses for even minor ADA violations. If you are a business owner, employer, landlord, or tenant, San Diego Law Firm’s knowledgeable attorneys can guide you through an informal ADA review, advise you on what if any changes you need to make, and help you select the fastest and most affordable methods to satisfy all ADA laws and and steer clear of annoying and expensive lawsuits.
If you or your business has been sued for an ADA violation, our experienced attorneys can give you up-to-the-moment advice on court and jury trends and whether the case against you should be settled, mediated, arbitrated, or defended in court. We offer skillful, experienced legal representation and defense both in and out of court against all types of ADA claims.
2. Disability law compliance and lawsuit prevention advice for businesses
ADA and California laws cover both large and small businesses, and may require you to take steps to provide full access to persons with disabilities or medical conditions. We can help you meet these legal requirements by:
- Quickly determining whether your business is covered by the ADA and California disability laws. It’s likely to be covered if you offer goods and services to the public, or operate a warehouse, office building, and other commercial facility.
- Identifying exactly what the law requires of you. The ADA and California disability laws do not impose precise standards on all businesses. Instead, what is required varies between businesses, and can depend on your resources, the access improvements that are needed, the size and nature of your business, and more. We can tell you exactly what you need to do to comply with both state disability laws and the federal ADA.
- Helping you minimize the impact of your business expenses that arise from improving accessibility by identifying the tax credits and deductions you can utilize to offset certain ADA compliance costs.
- Advising you on what types of accessibility issues should be given priority in reducing the chances of a lawsuit being filed against your business.
- Advising you on the stricter standards that apply if and when you construct a new building or modify an existing building.
- Helping you create or modify formal business policies and practices to make sure you’re not inadvertently excluding persons with disabilities. This typically requires only simple changes.
- Advising you on how to best make your particular business accessible to persons with the disabilities that can require extra effort at compliance. These can include persons who have problems with seeing, hearing, or speaking, problems with wheelchairs and other mobility restrictions, chronic disease resulting in disability, and other mental, emotional, and physical disabilities.
- We can help you ensure that your employees are properly trained and know how to assist persons with different types of disabilities, and that adequate records are maintained of these training sessions.
For more information about ADA and state disability laws that may apply to your business, please see these sections:
- ADA Compliance and Lawsuit Prevention Advice for Employers
- ADA Compliance and Lawsuit Prevention Advice for Landlords and Tenants
3. Defense of lawsuits for non-compliance with disability laws
San Diego Law Firm is experienced in defending businesses, employers, landlords, and tenants against suits for non-compliance under the ADA, FMLA, FEHA, and other state and federal disability laws. We’ll can carefully review discrimination or accessibility claims brought against you and advise you on your options. As always, our goal is to help you resolve your disability compliance problem in a way that will best minimize disruption and expense to you and your business.
4. Benefits to our clients
We are committed to keeping our clients fully informed and offering them the guidance and support they need to make good choices between different legal alternatives. San Diego Law Firm will ensure that all of your legal matters are supervised by a seasoned senior partner who will act as your Personal Legal Representative and oversee your legal affairs, even if another attorney is performing a particular service for you. For as long as we represent you, you will receive the same dedication and quality of service that brought you to us in the first place.