San Diego Estate Planning Attorneys
You’ll find all the information and services you need for California probate, wills, living trusts, trusts and estate planning within this section of our website.
We are located in San Diego, CA, and we handle all types of probate proceedings, wills, living trusts, specialized trusts, and related lawsuits throughout California, including San Diego, Riverside, Imperial, Los Angeles, and all southern California. Our firm of skilled, caring lawyers is committed to providing excellent legal work accompanied by outstanding client service in all aspects of wills, living trusts, other trusts, and probate. We guarantee the high quality of our work and our dedication to giving each of your legal matters respectful, thoughtful care. For a summary of the information on our site regarding wills, trusts, and probate, please see our Will, Trust & Probate Guide.
Some of our most-requested attorney probate services include:
- Probate administration
- Preparing all legal and accounting documents and making all court appearances for the probate
- Managing, selling, and transferring real estate owned by the deceased
- Questions about whether the will was valid
- Managing, selling, or transferring a business owned by the deceased
- Burial plot disagreements
- Inheritance problems
- Lawsuits against the deceased’s estate
- “Frozen” bank accounts and investments owned by the deceased
- Other probate concerns and difficult situations.
Will, Living Trust, Specialized Trust, and Estate Plan Services
- Will for single persons or married couples to shelter a family’s assets and inheritances from estate taxes and other potential losses
- Living trust that will let your family avoid the delay and cost of probate
- Lifetime or testamentary trust to protect family assets or take care of children or others needing special care
- Financial matters power of attorney
- Healthcare power of attorney
- Community/separate property agreement for married persons
- Family limited partnership
- Complete estate plan that avoids probate, minimizes any estate taxes, and benefits spouses, children, and favorite charities.
Living Trust Administration
We handle all of the legal steps needed for living trust administration after a living trust owner has died, including:
- Advising the successor trustee
- Preparing the legally required notices
- Preparing an inventory and valuation for all assets
- Notifying and paying creditors, and handling creditor’s claims
- If the trust provides, allocating the assets into new trusts for the best tax benefits
- Preparing an accounting and distribution plan
- Preparing deeds and other legal documents to transfer title
- Working with an estate accountant preparing the estate and trust tax returns
California Medi-Cal Asset Protection Services for Long-Term Care
The skilled attorneys of SAN DIEGO LAW FIRM™ also handle all aspects of California Medi-Cal eligibility qualification and asset protection to protect your finances from the staggering cost of nursing home care. We can do all of the following, and more:
- Evaluate your finances, and recommend specific steps to qualify for Medi-Cal while preserving as many assets as possible, and protecting as much income as possible for an at-home spouse
- Advise and assist you with property transfers, annuities, and gifts to preserve Medi-Cal eligibility and avoid or minimize additional taxes
- Preparing legal documents for all steps of asset protection
- Prepare the Medi-Cal application and all legal and administrative papers
- Deal directly with Medi-Cal for you while your application is pending
- Appear for you at all court and administrative hearings
- Handle court filings and appearances for conservatorship if the ill personis incapacitated
- Correct mistakes made if you were previously rejected by Medi-Cal
- Assist you to move assets beyond Medi-Cal’s post-death collection procedures
California Conservatorship Services
SAN DIEGO LAW FIRM™ provides skilled, caring legal services for California conservatorships. We can:
- Advise you about a California conservatorship and potential legal alternatives
- Prepare and file all conservatorship legal documents
- Appear and argue for you in court
- Assist you with a conservatorship bond
- Refer you to other professionals you may need to manage a conservatorship
- Help you with all aspects of managing an ongoing conservatorship
We are available to represent conservators, protected persons (conservatees), or interested family members.
Ready to talk about wills, trusts, or probate? We’re here to help.
We are committed to keeping our clients fully informed and offering them the guidance and support they need to make good choices between different legal alternatives. For as long as we represent you, you will receive the same dedication and quality of service that brought you to us in the first place.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with our estate planning lawyer, click the button below, or call us at 619-794-0243. We look forward to helping you.